Making Peg Dolls by Margaret Bloom
Peg dolls are small, enchanting, and easy to make. They are a perfect craft for children and can become the inspiration for endless play and storytelling. Margaret Bloom invites you to enter the tiny magical world of peg dolls.
Coming from the Waldorf handcraft tradition, these irresistible dolls encourage creative play and promote the emotional and imaginative development of young children. Peg dolls can be made from natural materials to reflect the seasonal cycle, favourite fairytales and festivals from around the world. Inside this book you will find patterns for creating bluebirds & butterflies, flowers & fairytale figures, gnomes, winter angels and more:
- Easy to follow, step-by-step instructions for children and crafters of all levels and experience
- Beautiful color illustrations and photos
- A range of over 60 designs and patterns for peg dolls
- Ideas for peg dolls as gifts and toys, for seasonal nature tables or fairs
- An inspiring section on storytelling with peg dolls
Hardbound, 191pp, 8 1/2" x 8", color photographs and illustrations on each page.
Margaret Bloom lives with her family in a little cottage beneath the great oak trees of Northern California. She has a Master's Degree in Counseling Psychology, has worked as a professional puppeteer and she loves making peg dolls with her children. It gives her the greatest joy to inspire children and families everywhere to create, to play and to dream.