Our Puddle Coats are great for children who love to be in the rain (see Charlie in the pictures below). They are made of a soft, quiet, rubbery, waterproof material. The soft cloth liner is bonded to the polyurethane outer material, all seams are taped. They also feature a reflective stripe down the center front and around the cuffs, great for night-time walks or playing outside during poor visibility. These are very well made. Our Puddle Coats are easily washed off and double as a snow coat in the winter with proper clothing underneath. We recommend our wool long johns. This is great for slushy weather.
Playing in the soil and having their hands stimulated with feeling different materials helps children develop sensory skills leading to better eye hand coordination. But staying dry and warm is also important. And keeping regular clothes mud-free is a relief to some of us parents!
European Sizes (size 92, for example, refers to the centimeter height of the child):
- 86 (6 to 12 months), 86 cm is 33 3/4" tall child,
- 92 (1-2 years old ), 92 cm is 36 1/4" tall child,
- 98 (2-3 years old), 98 cm is 38 1/2" tall child,
- 104 (3-5 years old), 104 cm is 40 7/8" tall child,
- 116 (5-7 years old), 116 cm is 45 1/2" tall child,
- 128 (7-8 years old), 128 cm is 50 3/8" tall child, Hood lined with Mesh cloth.
- 140 (8-10 years old), 140cm is 55 1/8" tall child. Hood lined with Mesh cloth.
Made in China and imported through Germany. Meets all European safety standards.
- Multicolored Jacket (navy blue background, red on shoulders, yellow on sides green on hood, shown above) The body of the jacket is NOT lined. Hood is detachable and sizes 86-116 are lined in cotton; sizes 128 & 140 are lined with mesh. Draw string at waist. There are no pockets.
- Pink (all pink - photo coming soon) The body of the jacket is NOT lined. Hood is detachable and IS lined in cotton. Draw string at waist. There are no pockets.