Due to Covid restrictions and production limitations, our Puddle Coat inventory is very low. We hope to have a restock by the end of 2021, but can make no guarantees. Thank you for your patience!
Our Puddle Coats are great for children who love to be in the rain! They are made of a soft, quiet, rubbery, waterproof material. The soft cloth liner is bonded to the PVC-free polyurethane outer material, all seams are taped. They also feature a reflective stripe down the center front and around the cuffs, great for night-time walks or playing outside during poor visibility. These are very well made. Our Puddle Coats are great for slushy weather. Free of PVC, phthalates, cadmium, and formaldehyde. Remains soft even in the cold. Sealed stitching is 100% waterproof. Machine washable!
Playing in the soil and having their hands stimulated with feeling different materials helps children develop sensory skills leading to better eye hand coordination. But staying dry and warm is also important, and keeping regular clothes mud-free is a relief to some of us parents!
PLEASE NOTE: We've found the sizing of the Puddle Coat to be slightly larger than standard US sizing. If your child is on the cusp of a size, we recommend sizing down. There is plenty of room for layering underneath, so no need to size up if that is your intention.
European Sizes (size 92, for example, refers to the centimeter height of the child):
- 86 (6 to 12 months), 86 cm is 33 3/4" tall child. Hood lined with cotton fleece.
- 92 (1-2 years old ), 92 cm is 36 1/4" tall child. Hood lined with cotton fleece.
- 98 (2-3 years old), 98 cm is 38 1/2" tall child. Hood lined with cotton fleece.
- 104 (3-5 years old), 104 cm is 40 7/8" tall child. Hood lined with cotton fleece.
- 116 (5-7 years old), 116 cm is 45 1/2" tall child. Hood lined with cotton fleece.
- 128 (7-8 years old), 128 cm is 50 3/8" tall child. Hood lined with mesh cloth.
- 140 (8-10 years old), 140cm is 55 1/8" tall child. Hood lined with mesh cloth.
Made in China and imported through Germany. Meets all European safety standards.
- Multicolored Jacket (navy blue background, red on shoulders, yellow on sides green on hood, shown above) The body of the jacket is NOT lined. Hood is detachable and sizes 86-116 are lined in cotton; sizes 128 & 140 are lined with mesh. Draw string at waist. There are no pockets.